Monday 20 July 2015

Enjoying mum's new convertible...

'How does it feel to become a middle-age stereotype' my brother asked my mum as she entered the driveway with her new BMW convertible. 'Fantastic' she replied without hesitation! Later that day, my brother understood exactly what she meant as they soared along the motorway with the top down...!

I on the other hand had a slightly more reserved consideration. There are times when I opt for a wig as a mainstay to my outfit. Meetings with potential or new clients, times where it simply matches my outfit and moments when I don't have sun cream to hand and require additional protection. All of these factors left me with one mild worry - how would my wig fare in a top-down convertible?!

In my mind, I had visions of travelling with the top down, minding my own business, then watching in horror as my wig behaved like a flying squirrel, to land on the windscreen of the following car! A few months ago, you may have spotted my post on wigs in the wind, putting it to the test in gale force gusts (video below) so what's my worry about  being in a car with the top down? Well it's simple - unlike blustery weather, the breeze generated by a car is constant - it is a constant speed in a constant direction, not letting up for anything. I was worried that the constant pressure would be too much on the wig, on the fitting and off it would go.

There was only one thing for it; to put my trusty Codi to the test and see how it fares...

Watch the video below to find out what happened!

With the top-down:



Earlier this year on a blustery day:



Just to say, this video is shot with a Codi synthetic wig, properly adjusted with zero glue or tape. I would have proved these factors, but I didn't trust myself in a moving car!

Anyone else put their wig to the test with the top down?

Victoria x

No comments:

Post a Comment