Friday 10 April 2015

The countdown is on... Alopecia UK Alton Towers trip - here we come...

Last month, Kayleigh wrote about the importance of group support and the benefit of strength in numbers. She of course referred to the inaugural Alopecia UK trip to Alton Towers, giving individuals the chance to ditch wigs and ride the rollercoasters, without constantly worrying! Sounds great!

Last year, I couldn't make it, but this year, I'm in! I'm joining the group as a volunteer and have been assigned to keep the adults in check (not that they need it). The great news is I am now on my way with pal and fellow Alopecian Hannah and we'll be arriving later this afternoon!

The countdown is on folks and tomorrow or Sunday once I've exhausted myself running like a loon around Alton Towers, I'll of course write it up and share the pics I'm allowed to! I think for me, the best thing about events like this is the opportunity to not be 'the odd one out' and be able to truly embrace who you are, without having to constantly explain if you don't have the energy to!

I'm hoping that everyone else benefits as much as I expect to and advise anyone struggling to come to terms with being a #BaldHeadedBeauty to sign up to the Alopecia UK newsletter to ensure they don't miss out on more great events like this!

Whoop whoop!

Victoria x

www.prettybald.co.uk Twitter: @PrettyBald

No comments:

Post a Comment