Friday 27 February 2015

Real Life Hairloss Experience: Meet Angela

Last year, me and some of the girls from the Pretty Bald Calendar appeared on Good Morning Britain to talk about the calendar and to raise awareness and educate. Not long after our interview, I received the loveliest email from Angela, who got in touch to tell us her story and also say thanks for helping her realise she's not alone! I was really touched and nearly cried! Anyway, back to the story, I asked Angela if we could share her story when the time was right (we didn't have anywhere to share it at the time) and she said yes! So here goes...

In October, Angela was not long into her alopecia journey, having been diagnosed with Alopecia Areata just eight weeks before. She had a naturally thick head of hair and watched as it initially started thinning at the crown, leaving the middle of her head bald within two weeks and forcing her to shave it off! The Doctors told her it was down to stress, which Angela attributed to her job.

Angela says " I love my bald head now, and I really didn't think it would look this good. I had cried every day for six weeks thinking I was going to look awful but yes you're correct, BALD IS BEAUTIFUL. I love it so much and love when people stop and stare. Here's a picture, and I'm so so glad I'm not alone."


When asked if she would be happy for her story to be shared Angela said "I would love for you to use my picture and my story; I want people to know it's not all bad and that doors can open in other areas. I'm now getting modelling jobs since and loving it. I have noticed doctors always put it down to stress, when I feel that it's other things that contribute, I was also told by my dermatologist that my hair cells are dying which is why now I have to have injections in my head every two months, but I'm happy the way I look anyway whether my hair grows or not."

Thanks so much for getting in touch and sharing your story Angela! Remember, if you have a story of hairloss that you would like to share, or are interested in joining the Pretty Bald bloggers network, please do email us!

Victoria x

www.prettybald.co.uk Twitter: @PrettyBald

No comments:

Post a Comment