Thursday 26 February 2015

How do you dry yours?

Washing wigs is a commitment! On the upside you never have a bad hair day, have to wash and care for them considerably less than natural hair, and don't have to worry about greasy roots; but on the downside it's a bigger commitment of time when you do wash them and if they're synthetic, they need time to condition and enough time to dry naturally! Hmmm! Brings new meaning to the phrase 'I can't come out tonight I'm washing my hair'!

That aside, there are generally agreed guidelines for the washing of wigs, but are there really any for drying them?! I've met those who use a polystyrene head, a wig stand, a hat stand and lots more random places! I on the other hand favour an upside-down approach! I love the way it adds volume to the wigs, ensures any curls are nice and springy and enables the cap itself to dry quicker as that always takes the longest! How then to hang them the wrong way up? Well personally, I engineered my own hanging system (I promise it's not complicated). Take one triangle trouser hanger and hold it upright, then take one shirt hanger (not triangle) and tip it upside down! Thread one through the other and voila a ready made wig hook which will hang basically anywhere!

I've used that very technique tonight when washing four wigs (The Amber, Two Codis and an Amore - all synthetic):

Getting some deep conditioning:


Drying for the morning:


We'd love to know how you all dry your wigs (there are some great tips out there) so please share them with us via Twitter or email. Even better if you can post a pic!

Victoria x

www.prettybald.co.uk Twitter: @PrettyBald

No comments:

Post a Comment